Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A.R. Rahman-Composer "Slumdog Millionaire"





























it's a 20hr flight from India and you get 1/2 hr with him, that's it...make sure you are ready to shoot when he comes through the door ...
Pascal, my assistant, looked at me with that oh sh** you get one take face...ok, no problem, I said, but where can we shoot him..?  well, she said, in a sheepish kind of way (PR agents have a tough job), the restaurant is all we have for you..and there is a wedding taking over half the restaurant...really?...and the clock is ticking; its 5:20pm and I have 10 minutes to set up...Pascal looks at me and says in a low voice...well, cco, what do you think we should do?
I looked over at our lovely 4 Season's Hotel PR person and said, do you by chance have any back dining rooms?  And while we are at it, how about a piano? ha, ha...right? as I laughed at myself!
well, she said, funny you should ask...we do have a back dining room and it does have a piano in it...and it's not being used!...no sh**?
long story short...A.R. Rahman was really, really tired, but he did give me 35 minutes...right up to when I blew the fuses in the room...perfect timing as I looked over at A.R. and Pascal... 

p.s. - go see slumdog millionaire!
 
  


No comments: